Beanies for Babies
Time & Location
About the Event
Want to knit for a local cause? Here's your chance!
The AB Children's Hospital Foundation would like to gather 400+ hand-knit baby hats to stock their emergency rooms and ambulances. If you can help … The Knitting Doodle would like to help you! The Knitting Doodle will provide the pattern and a free skein of yarn (which will be enough for 6-7 hats) to the first 50 local registrants. **ALL 50 skeins are spoken for! **
Registration deadline: Mar 05, 2020
Yarn Pick-up Date & Time: Sat. Mar 07, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Hat Drop-off Date and Time: Sat. Apr 04, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You can still participate, but you'll have to obtain your own yarn:
1) Register below. In the comments section tell us you'll get your own yarn and we'll send you the pattern!
2) The yarn (Bernat Softee Baby) sells at Michael’s for $6.99 or can be ordered online from www.marymaxim.ca.
3) Approved colours: Antique White, Mint, Lemon, Gray Marl (please no pink or blue)
Can’t make it to the drop off? Finished hats can be mailed to:
The Knitting Doodle
Attn: Karen Van Harten
PO Box 99900 AV 631 809
Calgary AB T2K 0E5
GUIDLELINES set out by AB Children’s Hospital Foundation:
· Soft 100% acrylic washable and dryable yarn
· Neutral colours (non-gender specific)
· Knit in a smoke-free environment.